Home - MoL
Oversight Responsibility of the Ministry
The Social Security Commission
The Commission primarily provides a social protection floor through the provision of welfare benefits, thus addressing socio-economic needs and promoting welfare. Such benefits include an income whilst on maternity or as sick leave. The benefits also extend to include payment for permanent disability, payment upon retirement or upon death of a member.
The Labour Advisory Council
This is a tripartite body comprising representatives from the State, Employersâ€™ federations and Workersâ€™ representatives, which serves to advise the Minister on Labour matters, as well as to make recommendations pertaining to national policy.
The Employment Services Board
The Board was established to advise the Minister on legislation pertaining to the provision of employment services and regulation of Private Employment Agenciesâ€?.
News and Events
- Ministry of Labour urges designated employers to comply with Employment Act number 8 of 2011
- Labour Directives Relating to COVID-19: State of Emergency- COVID-19 Regulations
- REGISTRATION OF EMPLOYEES WHO HAVE LOST THEIR JOBS DUE TO COVID-19
- State of Emergency - COVID-19: Suspension of Operation of Provisions of certain Laws and Ancillary matters regulations: NAMIBIAN CONSTITUTION
- Labour and Employment COVID-19 Message
Minimum wages in Different Sectors
- Agriculture Minimum Wages
- Wage Order for Domestic Workers
- Collective Agreement in Construction
- Minimum Wages Security Industry