Home - MoL
Oversight responsibility of the Ministry
The Social Security Commission
The Commission primarily provides a social protection floor through the provision of welfare benefits, thus addressing socio-economic needs and promoting welfare. Such benefits include an income whilst on maternity or as sick leave. The benefits also extend to include payment for permanent disability, payment upon retirement or upon death of a member.
The Labour Advisory Council
This is a tripartite body comprising representatives from the State, Employersâ€™ federations and Workersâ€™ representatives, which serves to advise the Minister on Labour matters, as well as to make recommendations pertaining to national policy.
The Employment Services Board
The Board was established to advise the Minister on legislation pertaining to the provision of employment services and regulation of Private Employment Agenciesâ€?.
News and Events
- Labour Directives Relating to COVID-19: State of Emergency- COVID-19 Regulations
- REGISTRATION OF EMPLOYEES WHO HAVE LOST THEIR JOBS DUE TO COVID-19
- State of Emergency - COVID-19: Suspension of Operation of Provisions of certain Laws and Ancillary matters regulations: NAMIBIAN CONSTITUTION
- Labour and Employment COVID-19 Message
- Appointment of new Minister and Deputy Minister
- Remarks by Executive Director at Tripartite Workshop on National Minimum Wage 16 Oct 2019
- Remarks by Executive Director at 2nd National Employment Policy Evaluation Validation Workshop - 17 Oct 19
- Public Notice: Overtime Hours Limit
- Budget Speech 2019
- World OSH DAY 2019
- TOR Violence and Harassment study 23 April 2019
- Agriculture Minimum Wages
- Wage Order for Domestic Workers
- Collective Agreement in Construction
- Minimum Wages Security Industry